Any time of the year it is good to be thankful to God. We tend to rush around too much, not slowing our pace long enough to be thankful to God for all that He has done. When we do, we find our stress melting away.
How often we ask God for something without ever stopping to thank Him.
We pray, asking God to heal people (which is good) but do we stop and pray our praise for something concerning that person?
We pray, asking God to work in an impossible situation (again this is good) but how often do we stop to thank Him for something about that situation?
Today I am giving you a challenge.
I am doing this too!
I am going to ask you to take (only) 15 minutes of your time to be thankful to God for people and situations you are praying about.
This will be amazing!!
3 Ways to Be Thankful to God
Being thankful can become a lifestyle of gratitude as you make it a habit to be thankful.
- Be Thankful
- Be thankful to God, to others, and within your heart.
- Call upon God’s name to give thanks to him more often and more intentionally.
- Glory in His Holy Name by saying it to God and by singing it to God.
- Be Joyful
- Sing unto God (I just said that but I wanted to say it again) your praise and thanksgiving.
- Rejoice in all the wonderful things God has done for you. You see nothing to praise and thank Him for? Are you saved? Start thanking Him for that! Look for the little things. Like your food, the sunny day or the rainy day, look for small things. The small is not insignificant. Thank Him.
- Be Sharing
- Talk about all the wonderful things God is doing in your life to others (saved and unsaved).
- Make known God’s deeds, you know, all that the Bible talks about from creation, the flood, and on through the Bible.
- Be a testimony. Live it. Before you even open your mouth let others see Jesus in you.
Oh, give thanks to the Lord!
Call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples!
Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him;
Talk of all His wondrous works!
Glory in His holy name;
Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the Lord!
Seek the Lord and His strength;
Seek His face evermore!
There are many ways to be thankful to God and one way is to pray the Psalms or sing them. Here are 5 Psalms that will encourage you to have a thankful heart.
What ways to be thankful can you add to what I shared?