Articles may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. View scripture reference copyright FAQ"
These ultimate soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies make an easy ‘go-to’ recipe when you want to bake up some awesomeness for friends and family. You will get raves from these for any event where food is involved because of their amazing flavor. This recipe far surpasses any you have tried before. Best thing is how quickly you can whip together such deliciousness.
Jump to Recipe
Are you looking for an easy snack idea for your family? If so, these ultimate soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies will be just the thing. They’re easy to grab as your kids pass through the kitchen or if you’re needing something for a casual event.
I am seriously addicted to chocolate chip cookies and have a gazillion recipes for variations of these wonderful cookies. I have an issue with snitching chocolate chips so bad that I have to hide them from myself. I’d munch on them over a Hershey bar any day. I do try to control how often I do this since I am into maintaining my clean eating and workout habits.
What is your downfall when you get the munchies?
If you are tired of small store-bought chocolate chip cookies and need something warm and comforting to munch on, these will quickly become your absolute favorite cookies ever. Your husband and kids will love you and you’ll have to hide a stash for yourself!
This recipe plumps right up and has the best flavor of any chocolate chip cookie I have ever baked.
Believe me, I’ve baked them all!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES are just the thing to make when you want to offer a little grace to a friend who just had a baby or you need something for a potluck, and of course your family!
I can think of so many reasons to mix up a batch of cookies. The biggest one is when you’re in the middle of a mom-mess or stressed about your marriage or issues with your kids. I realize there is sugar involved and that’s not always a good thing. There is a bigger reason that baking these cookies will do for you and your family.
Sometimes you just have to make a batch of Chocolate chip cookies because they are the ultimate in comfort when you desperately a crisis-fix. Yes, sometimes you just have to overlook your clean eating goals as this is better than a bag of chips.
Just be careful. They clearly DO have calories!
These are seriously awesome cookies that will speak health into your family by demonstrating your love.
There is nothing better in the world than the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven!
Your husband will show up in the kitchen and so will your kids!
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookie
There is nothing I love more than a slightly plumped chocolate chip cookie. Butter makes all the difference in the world.
Never ever use margarine or Crisco. Does anyone still do that?
I want my Chocolate Chip Cookies to have a delicious irresistible flavor that makes you eat another and another until, whoops, they’re gone!!
I have pinned quite a number of Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes on Pinterest but there are only two that bring me back repeatedly over and over again. Hands down, this is my favorite.
If you are a struggling mommy having a bad day, try setting aside what you ‘should’ be doing to bake up some yum!
Ingredients in Chocolate Chip Cookies
Although I often mix the flour separately, I have been known to dump everything into the mixing bowl and turn it on. All ends well and we still are comforted with these fantastic cookies.
- Unbleached all-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Table salt
- Vanilla extract
- Egg + egg yolk
- White morsels
- Dark chocolate morsels
- Milk chocolate morsels
- Pecans or walnuts
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Kitchen Aid Mixer
- Cookie Sheets
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 3/4 cup Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 14 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Table salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg large
- 1 Egg yolk large
- 1/4 cup White morsels
- 1/4 cup Dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Pecans or walnuts chopped
- Whisk flour and baking soda together in medium bowl; set aside.
- Heat 10 tablespoons butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until melted, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking, swirling pan constantly until butter is dark golden brown and has nutty aroma, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and, using heatproof spatula, transfer browned butter to large heatproof bowl. Stir remaining 4 tablespoons butter into hot butter until completely melted.
- Add both sugars, salt and vanilla to bowl with butter and whisk until fully incorporated. Add egg and yolk and whisk until mixture is smooth with no sugar lumps remaining, about 30 seconds. Let mixture stand for 3 minutes, then whisk for 30 seconds. Repeat process of resting and whisking 2 more times until mixture is thick, smooth and shiny. Using rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture until just combined, about 1 minute. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if using), giving dough final stir to ensure no flour pockets remain.
- Put bowl containing batter into the fridge for about an hour. Set the timer so you don't forget.
- Divide dough into portions and arrange 2 inches apart on baking sheets
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake cookies 1 tray at a time until cookies are golden brown and still puffy, and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft. Bake for 12 minutes at 350F and then transfer baking sheet to wire rack. (If you have a gas oven or are at a higher elevation the time may vary)
- Cool cookies completely before serving. What? Are you kidding me? Cookies don't last until they are completely cooled.
Enjoy!! They are calorie-free!! Not!!
Do you love Chocolate Chip Cookies as much as I do??