How’s your attitude? It’s hard to have gratitude when your attitude is suffering! That’s why I’m going to shake up your attitude with these 12 gratitude verses!
Did you know that there is a difference between being thankful and being grateful? I think most of us really don’t see much difference between the two words.
Never fear! I am here to encourage you to learn the difference between the two words but that’s for another post!
As we begin this series on Gratitude, I want to share some verses so you can start being filled with more and more gratitude.
Your attitude on gratitude will improve as you focus on being grateful over the next couple of months.
Let’s Shake UP Your Attitude!
When things in your life aren’t going so well, or even when everything is going great, these verses will lift you up and encourage you to have a good attitude when your giants loom tall before you!
The thing to remember is that although the word ‘gratitude’ is not used in these verses, gratitude is the quality of being thankful: the readiness to show appreciation for something and return thankfulness in some way.
I will be sharing more about gratitude over the next few weeks and we will learn how to apply these and other verses when thankfulness pours out of our heart.
When our cup runs over to praise God and those around us, that is when the attitude of gratitude happens.
12 Verses on Gratitude
- Whoever offers praise glorifies Me; And to him who orders his conduct aright. I will show the salvation of God.” Psalm 50:23
- You are my God, and I will praise You; You are my God, I will exalt You. Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Psalm 118:28-29.
- Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever, Oh, give thanks to the God of gods! For His mercy endures forever. Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords! For His mercy endures forever: Psalm 136:1-3
- Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” Lamentations 3:22-24
- I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:12-13
- Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
- And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Colossians 3:15
- Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: Ephesians 1:15-16
- Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- For here we have no continuing city, but we seek the one to come. Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased. Hebrews 13:14-16
- My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. James 1:2-4
- Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving; meanwhile praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in chains, that I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak. Colossians 4:2-4
I hope these verses will help to encourage you on days that you struggle with feeling grateful!
I want to let you in on a secret . . . that I really write what I write to you because I am either currently learning, or am struggling, or have had these same struggles in the past!!
I know you just breezed through the list of 12 verses on gratitude, but I want you to be able to remember them as I share about gratitude in the coming weeks.
I am sharing this Gratitude Scripture Memory Printable Pack that you can put on your fridge where you can see them all at one glance!
Shake Up your Attitude with this PRINTABLE PACK for 12 Verses on Gratitude!!
Did these 12 verses on gratitude encourage you to shake up your attitude?